- Q3 2020 Financial Highlights:
- Total net revenue was $18.8 million, up from $18.6 million
- Total software-related revenue increased to $18.7 million from $18.3 million in Q3 2019 and rose 7% from Q2 2020
- Recently acquired OpenNMS Group contributed revenue
- Gross margin remained steady at 60% of total revenue
- Total net revenue was $18.8 million, up from $18.6 million
Culver City, Calif. – November 5, 2020 — NantHealth, Inc. (NASDAQ-GS: NH), a provider of enterprise solutions that help businesses transform complex data into actionable insights, today reported financial results for its third quarter ended September 30, 2020.
“Our 2020 third quarter total software-related revenue increased to $18.7 million from $18.3 million for the same quarter last year and climbed 7% on a sequential quarterly basis,” said Ron Louks, Chief Operating Officer, NantHealth. “The current year third quarter included a revenue contribution from our recently completed acquisition of OpenNMS. We are pleased to report that our gross margin remained strong at 60% of total revenue, selling, general and administrative expenses were lower, and our bottom line improved considerably. We view our overall financial performance as a solid achievement, given the challenges associated with operating during the ongoing pandemic.
“At the same time, we ramped up our investment in R&D. We continued our development of data solutions capabilities, by expanding our software portfolio and service offerings, and investing in cloud, SaaS and AI technologies.
“We are making excellent progress on integrating the highly complementary OpenNMS business into our operations. OpenNMS provides a number of cross marketing opportunities, by leveraging NantHealth’s data science and AI competencies and OpenNMS’ network monitoring solutions for critical data flows. In addition, we believe the acquisition will drive opportunities to expand into industries beyond healthcare and bring new sets of services to customers of both entities.”
Software and Services Highlights:
- Clinical Decision Support (Eviti®):
- Expanded client-base and net new clients through NantHealth’s Eviti channel partner, a leading clinical solutions provider
- Expanded Eviti Connect across the Medicaid population of a leading U.S. health insurance company. Of the 13 states originally announced, six states have gone live through the third quarter of 2020
Payer Engagement (NaviNet®):
- We expanded API capabilities with a new service offering for provider and revenue cycle organizations to connect with payers via the NaviNet Open platform to conduct Eligibility & Benefits, Claim Status Inquiry, Authorizations, and Referral transactions
- Launched several user-centric enhancements that will provide a richer user experience on NaviNet Open, including self-service capability that allows NaviNet AllPayer subscribers to quickly and easily configure provider information for registration and access
- Network Monitoring (OpenNMS®):
- Released Meridian® 2020
- A Fortune 500 Healthcare IT company went into production with the OpenNMS Architecture for Learning Enabled Correlation (ALEC) AI engine
Business and Financial Highlights
For the 2020 third quarter:
- Total net revenue was $18.8 million compared with $18.6 million in Q3 of 2019 and up from $17.6 million in Q2, 2020. Within total revenue, there was $18.7 million of total software-related revenue, compared with $18.3 in previous year
- Gross profit was $11.2 million, or 60% of total net revenue, consistent with the prior year period
- Selling, general and administrative (SG&A) expenses declined to $12.4 million from $13.7 million in 2019 third quarter
- Research and development (R&D) expenses increased to $4.7 million from $3.3 million, primarily due to expanding our software portfolio and service offerings, and investing in cloud, SaaS and AI technologies
- Net loss from continuing operations attributable to NantHealth, net of tax, narrowed to $11.0 million, or $0.10 per share from $16.4 million, or $0.15 per share
- Non-GAAP net loss from continuing operations attributable to NantHealth was $7.2 million, or $0.07 per share, compared with $7.5 million, or $0.07 per share, for the third quarter of last year
- At September 30, 2020, cash and cash equivalents totaled $26 million
Conference Call Information and Forward-Looking Statements
Later today, the company will host a conference call at 1:30 p.m. PT (4:30 p.m. ET) to review its results of operations for the third quarter ended September 30, 2020. The conference call will be available to interested parties by dialing 844-309-3709 from the U.S. or Canada, or 281-962-4864 from international locations, passcode 9966656. The call will be broadcast via the Internet at www.nanthealth.com. Listeners are encouraged to visit the website at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the scheduled presentation to register, download and install any necessary audio software. A playback of the call will be archived and accessible on the same website for at least three months.
Discussion during the conference call may include forward-looking statements regarding topics such as the company’s financial status and performance, regulatory and operational developments, and other comments the company may make about its future plans or prospects in response to questions from participants on the conference call.
Use of Non-GAAP Financial Measures
This news release contains references to Non-GAAP financial measures, including adjusted net loss and adjusted net loss per share, which are financial measures that are not prepared in conformity with United States generally accepted accounting principles (U.S. GAAP). The Company’s management believes that the presentation of Non-GAAP financial measures provides useful supplementary information regarding operational performance, because it enhances an investor’s overall understanding of the financial results for the Company’s core business. Additionally, it provides a basis for the comparison of the financial results for the Company’s core business between current, past and future periods. Other companies may define these measures in different ways. Non-GAAP financial measures should be considered only as a supplement to, and not as a substitute for or as a superior measure to, financial measures prepared in accordance with U.S. GAAP. Non-GAAP per share numbers are calculated based on one class of common stock and do not incorporate the effects, if any, of using the two-class method.
About NantHealth, Inc.
NantHealth, a member of the NantWorks ecosystem of companies, provides enterprise solutions that help businesses transform complex data into actionable insights. By offering efficient ways to move, interpret, and visualize complex and highly sensitive information, NantHealth helps its customers in healthcare, life sciences, logistics, telecommunications, and other industries, to automate, understand, and act on data while keeping it secure and scalable. NantHealth’s product portfolio comprises the latest technology in molecular analysis (GPS Cancer), payer/provider collaboration platforms for real-time coverage decision support (NaviNet and Eviti), and Data Products that provide multi-data analysis, reporting and professional services offerings. OpenNMS, a NantHealth subsidiary, helps businesses monitor and manage network health and performance. For more information, visit nanthealth.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and subscribe to our blog.
This news release contains certain statements of a forward-looking nature relating to future events or future business performance. Forward-looking statements can be identified by the words “expects,” “anticipates,” “believes,” “intends,” “estimates,” “plans,” “will,” “outlook” and similar expressions. Forward-looking statements are based on management’s current plans, estimates, assumptions and projections, and speak only as of the date they are made. Risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to: our ability to successfully integrate a complex learning system to address a wide range of healthcare issues; our ability to successfully amass the requisite data to achieve maximum network effects; appropriately allocating financial and human resources across a broad array of product and service offerings; raising additional capital as necessary to fund our operations; achieving significant commercial market acceptance for our sequencing and molecular analysis solutions; establish relationships with, key thought leaders or payers’ key decision makers in order to establish GPS Cancer as a standard of care for patients with cancer; our ability to grow the market for our Systems Infrastructure, and applications; successfully enhancing our Systems Infrastructure and applications to achieve market acceptance and keep pace with technological developments; customer concentration; competition; security breaches; bandwidth limitations; our ability to integrate OpenNMS into our operations;; our ability to obtain regulatory approvals; dependence upon senior management; the need to comply with and meet applicable laws and regulations; unexpected adverse events; clinical adoption and market acceptance of GPS Cancer; and anticipated cost savings. We undertake no obligation to update any forward-looking statement in light of new information or future events, except as otherwise required by law. Forward-looking statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties, most of which are difficult to predict and are generally beyond our control. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements as a result of the impact of a number of factors, many of which are discussed in more detail in our reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
FINANCIAL TABLES FOLLOW