- What are Cookies?
- How does NantHealth Collect and Use Other Information?
- How long do Cookies stay on Devices?
- Who puts the Cookies on Devices?
- How does NantHealth Use Online and Mobile Advertising?
- How do I Manage Cookies?
- NantHealth Compliance with Cookies Laws and Regulations?
- Privacy at NantHealth
- How to Contact Us
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files, usually consisting of letters and numbers, placed on your computer, tablet, phone, or similar device, when you use that device to visit our website. Cookies are widely used by website owners to make their websites operate, work more efficiently, and provide analytic information.
These are the different types of Cookies we may use on our Sites:
- Strictly necessary Cookies. These Cookies are required for the operation of our Sites (for example, to enable you to log into secure areas of our website or use a shopping cart). These Cookies enable you to move around the Sites and use their features. Disabling these Cookies will encumber the Sites’ performance and may make the features and service unavailable.
- Analytical and performance Cookies. These Cookies allow us to analyze activities on our Sites and on other sites where we post content in order to improve and optimize the way our Sites work. For example, we may use these types of Cookies to ensure that visitors can easily find the information they are looking for on our websites. One way we do this is to recognize and count the number of visitors and see how they move around our website when they are using it. Analytics cookies also help us measure the performance of our advertising campaigns in order to help us improve our advertising campaigns and to optimize our Sites’ content for those who engage with our advertising.
- Functionality Cookies. These Cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our Sites. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Advertising Cookies. These Cookies record your online activities, including your visits to our Sites, the pages you have visited, and the links and advertisements you have clicked. One purpose of this is to help make the content displayed on our Sites more relevant to you. Another purpose is to allow us to deliver advertisements or other communications to you that are designed to be more relevant to your apparent interests. For example, if you look at one page on one of our Sites, we may direct an advertisement to be delivered to you, on our Sites or on other sites, for products referenced on that page or for similar products and services.
- Help us obtain information about your visits to the Sites;
- Process your interest in one of our studies;
- Analyze your visiting patterns to improve our Sites;
- Deliver advertising, communications, social features, and content specific to your interests;
- Remember your language and other preferences;
- Help you obtain information you are looking for;
- Provide a safe and secure service for online transactions;
- Measure how many people use our Sites, and how they use them, to keep our Sites running efficiently and to better understand our Sites’ audiences.
- If you register on one of our Sites or otherwise provide us with your personal information, we may associate that information with other information we collect from or about you or that you provide, information regarding your use of our Sites, or information we receive from or about you from third parties. We will use this combined data for marketing and analytics purposes.
How long do Cookies stay devices?
Some Cookies operate from the time you visit a NantHealth service to the end of that particular web-browsing session. These Cookies expire and are automatically deleted when you close your internet browser. These Cookies are called “session” cookies.
Some Cookies will stay on your device between browsing sessions. They do not expire when you close your browser. These Cookies are called “persistent” cookies. The length of time a persistent cookie stays on your device varies from cookie to cookie. We and others use persistent Cookies for a variety of purposes, such as to store your preferences so that they are available for the next visit, and to keep a more accurate account of how often you visit our Sites, how often you return, how your use of the Sites may vary over time, and the effectiveness of advertising efforts.
Who puts the Cookies on devices?
Cookies may be placed on your device by NantHealth as the Site operator. These cookies are called “first party” cookies. Some Cookies may be placed on your device by a party other than NantHealth. These cookies are called “third party” cookies. For example, a NantHealth partner may place a third-party cookie to enable co-sponsored services and events.
Cookies may also be used that allow us to know when you visit our Sites, and to understand how you interact with emails, advertisements, or other content. Through Cookies, aggregate and other information not considered to be Personal Data (such as your operating system, browser version, and the URL you came from, including from emails and advertisements) may be obtained and used to enhance your experience and understand traffic patterns. This technology counts the number of users who visit a particular service from specific banner advertisements outside the NantHealth Site or who clicked on links or graphics included in email newsletters received from NantHealth. It is also used as a tool to compile aggregated statistics about how NantHealth Sites are used, to perform and analytics and help us to optimize our Sites, and to help serve you advertising based on your interests, as described in further detail below.
How does NantHealth Use Online and Mobile Advertising?
We may engage in interest-based advertising to deliver advertisements and personalized content that we believe will be of interest to you. To the extent third party vendors are using Cookies to perform these services for NantHealth, NantHealth does not control the use of this technology or the resulting information and is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
Ads may be delivered to you based on your online or mobile behavior (on NantHealth Sites and non-NantHealth sites), your search activity, your responses to one of our advertisements or emails, the pages you visit, your general geographic location, or other information. These ads may appear on our Sites or on third party websites. The technology partners we work with to help us conduct interest-based advertising are mainly members of self-regulatory associations such as the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). For Sites directed at individuals located in the European Economic Area (EEA), we may work with technology partners who are members of the European Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA). You may also see advertisements for third parties on NantHealth Sites or other websites or properties, based on your visits to, and activities on, NantHealth Sites and other sites.
No Cookies will be placed on your devices without your explicit consent.
How do I Manage Cookies?
NantHealth Compliance with Cookie Laws and Regulations
NantHealth is committed to compliance with all applicable country-specific laws regardless of our corporate headquarters. We take the privacy of our employees, patients, sponsors, suppliers, partners, and any other visitor to our Sites very seriously and ensure that we have put in place the necessary policies, procedures and processes to ensure we meet our legal obligations and protect the privacy of all data subjects. Where required by law, we require an explicit opt-in from you before placing any Cookies on your devices. In the United State where an explicit opt-in is not required, we do offer you the opportunity to opt-out. However, we will place Cookies on your devices as stated above until you choose to opt-out.
Privacy at NantHealth
How to Contact Us
We may change this Policy at any time. Any changes to this Notice will become effective when we make the revised Policy available on or through the Sites.