Patrick Soon-Shiong, MBBCh, MSc, FRCS (C)
Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board
Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong has served as Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of our Board of Directors since NantHealth’s founding in July 2010. A physician, surgeon and scientist, Dr. Soon-Shiong has pioneered novel therapies for both diabetes and cancer, published more than 100 scientific papers, and has received over 95 patents on groundbreaking advancements spanning a myriad of fields.
Michael A. Sitrick
Chairman, Compensation Committee
Since November of 2009, Michael Sitrick has served as the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Sitrick Brincko LLC, a subsidiary of Resources Connection, Inc (NASDAQ: RECN). Sitrick founded Sitrick And Company in 1989 and served as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer until its sale in 2009 to Resources Connection, Inc., a public relations, strategic communications, and crisis management company providing advice and counseling to some of the country’s largest corporations, nonprofits, and government agencies.
Sitrick is a published author, frequent lecturer, board member of several charitable organizations, and former board member of two public companies—both of which were sold. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a major in journalism from the University of Maryland, College Park. He currently also serves as Director, JAKKS Pacific, Inc. (NASDAQ: JAKK).
Sitrick’s past roles include:
- Executive Vice President of Communications, Wickes Companies, Inc.
- Senior Vice President of Communications, Wickes Companies, Inc.
- Head of Communications and Government Affairs, National Can Corporation
- Group Supervisor, Selz, Seabolt and Associates
- Assistant Director of Public Information, Richard J. Daley Administration
Kirk K. Calhoun
Chairman, Audit Committee
Kirk K. Calhoun has served as a member of NantHealth’s board of directors since May 2016. Calhoun joined Ernst & Young LLP, a public accounting firm, in 1965 and served as a partner of the firm from 1975 until his retirement in 2002. Mr. Calhoun is a Certified Public Accountant (non-practicing) with a background in auditing and accounting. He has previously served on the boards and audit committees of seven public companies in the pharmaceutical and medical diagnostic industries. Mr. Calhoun received a BS in Accounting from the University of Southern California.
His involvement and organizations include:
- Board Member, Ryerson Holding Corporation
- Board Member, PLx Pharma, Inc.
- Board Member, NeuroSigma, Inc.
Michael Blaszyk has served as the Chief Financial Officer for Dignity Health (formerly known as Catholic Healthcare West), a not-for-profit public benefit corporation, since December 2000. Blaszyk received a BS in Life Sciences from Wayne State University, and an MS in Health Services Administration from the University of Colorado.
Blaszyk’s past roles include:
- Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, University Hospitals Health System
- Managing Partner, Health Care Provider Consulting Practice (Northeast Region)
- Executive Vice President, Boston Medical Center
He also currently serves as:
- Director and Committee Member, Sound Physicians, Inc.
- Director and Committee Member, NantKwest, Inc.
- Director and Committee Member, Absolute Dental, LLC.
Deanna L. Wise
Deanna L. Wise brings 25 years of experience in the development and maintenance of leading clinical IT systems in hospital and healthcare industries. Wise joined Banner Health in 2019, developing innovative healthcare consumer and clinician experiences. She has served in a variety of healthcare leadership roles for companies such as Dignity Health, Vanguard Health Systems, and St. Vincent Hospital. Wise understands NantHealth’s commitment to creating solutions that better serve the ecosystem of payers, providers, and patients, and her deep provider community experience, immense industry knowledge, and healthcare IT expertise is an asset to our board.
Wise’s past roles include:
- Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Banner Health
- Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Dignity Health
- Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Vanguard Health Systems
- Vice President and Chief Information Officer, Abrazo Health Care (Vanguard Health Systems)